Axiom Product Development Ltd are looking to recruit a CNC machine setter/operator to join our growing and dedicated team. The ideal candidate will have a good engineering background with strong CNC setter/operator experience.
Axiom are based in the Chichester area, West Sussex. We are a manufacturer of high-quality machined components. Our advanced CNC machining capabilities support leading Motorsport teams, Automotive OEM’s, Aerospace, Marine and general engineering. Our machine shop incorporates the latest machining technology including 2 DMG DMU50 High Speed 5 Axis Milling Machines to produce the complex machined components in Aluminium, Steel, Stainless Steel, Plastics and tooling materials.
Role includes but not limited to.
Prepare, Set and Operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, milling etc.
Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines using the required datums.
Maintenance schedule on all machines. (Oil and coolant levels, air filters and swarf removal)
Candidates must meet the following requirements: –
1. Good experience setting/operating large CNC machines using Heidenhain and Haas controls.
2. A detailed understanding of engineering drawing, tooling selection, work holding & cutting strategy.
3. Be able to read and understand engineering drawings.
4. Ability to use standard measuring equipment.
5. Prepared to work overtime as required to achieve deadlines.
6. Candidate must have previous experience working within CNC machine shop environment.
7. Knowledge of offline programming would be an advantage but not necessary.
8. A good communicator at all levels, with the ability to integrate and support a successful team, also able to work using own initiative
What you will receive:
- Hourly rate between £12 p/h up to £15 p/h after successful completion probationary period.
- Initial Shifts will be Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 4.30 pm.
- 25 days holiday.
- Free car parking on site.
- Training and induction provided.
- Immediate start/s.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.